Serial: E Episode Nos. 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, and 26. Title: The Keys of Marinus
Landing on an island in a sea of acid, the TARDIS crew are forced on a quest for the lost Keys to the Conscience Machine of
Marinus, a device that will enforce justice in the minds of everyone on the planet. The four missing keys are scattered across the
planet, and using teleportation "travel dials," the Doctor and his companions must follow the trails across varied locations and
terrains and return them to the island before the villainous Voord take control of the Conscience Machine...
starring William Hartnell as Dr. Who, William Russell as Ian Chesterton, Jacqueline Hill as Barbara Wright, and Carole Ann Ford
as Susan Foreman.
Written by Terry Nation, Associate Produced by Mervyn Pinfield, Produced by Verity Lambert, and Directed by John Gorrie.
- All six episodes of the story with full restoration treatment.
- Graphical menus, episode and scene selection features, and subtitles for the hearing impaired.
- Optional commentary track by actors Carole Ann Ford and William Russell, director John Gorrie,
and designer Raymond Cusick.
- Information Text subtitles option. Displays pop-up production trivia throughout the story.
- “Sets of Marinus” A 9-minute interview with designer Raymond Cusick about the difficulties in pulling
off the sets on this story on the tiny budget and tight schedules.
- Photo Gallery. A 7-minute montage of production stills taken during the production of the story.
- Coming Soon Trailer. Preview of the forthcoming March DVD box set of Dalek War (containing the
stories Frontier in Space and Planet of the Daleks)
- PDF Materials. Viewable by placing this disc in your computer’s optical drive, you can see PDF files
containing the Radio Times listings for these episodes from 1964, and Doctor Who and the Daleks
Sweet Cigarettes cards, also from 1964. (These were trading cards and artwork contained within
packages of candy cigarettes being sold at the time… 105 pages worth.)