Serial: 6J Episode Nos. 606 and 607. Title: The King's Demons
The TARDIS lands in the middle of a joust attended by King John, who to the Doctor's surprise welcomes the travellers as his "demons." Invited to attend him, the Doctor becomes suspicious that this is not the real King John, suspicions which are further fuelled when he learns the King's Champion is the Master in disguise...
This story sees the debut of Kamelion, voiced by Gerald Flood.
starring Peter Davison as the Doctor, Janet Fielding as Tegan, Mark Strickson as Turlough, Anthony Ainley as the Master, and Gerald Flood as the Voice of Kamelion. Written by Terence Dudley, Produced by John Nathan-Turner, and Directed by Tony Virgo.
Originally transmitted from
- Both episodes of the story, digitially remastered and restored.
- Graphical menus, episode and scene selection features, and subtitles for
the hearing impaired.
- Two optional commentary tracks. The first is on both episodes, by actors
Peter Davison and Isla Blair (Isabella) and script editor Eric Saward. The
second is only on the first episode and is by director Tony Virgo.
- Information Text subtitles option. Displays pop-up production trivia throughout
- “Kamelion: Metal Man” A 14-minute featurette about the introduction of
shape-changing robot Kamelion into Doctor Who, featuring interviews with
actors Peter Davison and Nicola Bryant (Peri), script editor Eric Saward,
Kamelion’s co-creator Chris Padmore, and part of a deleted scene of Kamelion
appearing in The Awakening, a 1984 story yet-to-be-released on DVD.
- “Magna Carta” A 22-minute documentary where historians discuss the real
Magna Carta and its impact on the future of democracy.
- Photo Gallery. A 6-minute compilation of photo stills taken during production.
- Isolated Music Score. An option in the sound menu allowing you to play the
the story with only the music playing on the sound.
- Coming Soon trailer for the forthcoming DVD of The Dominators.
- PDF Materials. Place this disc into your computer and you’ll have access to
PDF files containing the original 1983 Radio Times TV listings for this story.