Serial: 5N Episode Nos. 532, 533, 534, and 535. Title: The Leisure Hive
Trying to take a holiday, the Doctor and Romana land the TARDIS in the
Leisure Hive on the planet
This story sees the return of John Leeson as the Voice of K9.
starring Tom Baker as Doctor Who, Lalla Ward as Romana, and John Leeson as the Voice of K9. Written by David Fisher, Executive Produced by Barry Letts, Produced by John Nathan-Turner, and Directed by Lovett Bickford.
Originally transmitted from
- All 4 episodes of the story, digitially restored and remastered. Episodes are 21-23 minutes each.
- Graphical menus, episode selection features, and scene selection features.
- Commentary track with actor Lalla Ward (Romana), director Lovett Bickford, and script editor Christopher H. Bidmead.
- Audio Options: This leads to three optional sound tracks that can be played. First is a new Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Audio option.
Second is the commentary track. Third is an Isolated Music option that plays out the episodes with only the incidental music running.
- “A New Beginning” A new 30-minute featurette on the new changes to the series that began with this story due to John Nathan-Turner taking over as
producer. Features interviews with director Lovett Bickford, costume designer June Hudson, script editor Christopher H. Bidmead,
K9 voice actor John Leeson, Doctor actor Tom Baker, graphic designer Sid Sutton, incidental musician and theme music arranger Peter Howell,
and an archival interview with the late John Nathan-Turner himself.
- “From Avalon to
- Information Text. Displays pop-up production trivia subttiles as the episodes play.
- “Synthesizing Starfields”. A new 9-minute featurette about the production of the new “starfield” title graphics and neon logo that debuted with this
story, and the new arrangement of the theme music that accompanied this. Features new and archival interview footage with graphic designer
Sid Sutton and BBC Radiophonic Workshop composer Peter Howell.
- “Leisure Wear”. A new 7-minute featurette about the costume design on this story, featuring costume designer June Hudson.
exhibition at Longleat. This was also new producer John Nathan-Turner’s first TV interview appearance.
- “Picture Gallery.” A 6-minute featurette that plays still photos taken during the story’s production.
- “Who’s Who”. Biographies of the actors playing the major parts in thie story.
- 1 Easter Egg. Highlight the invisible text area below to see what it is and how find it.
- From the main menu, highlight the “Episode Selection” button and then press your left arrow. The Doctor Who logo at the top of the screen will
now become highlighted. Click on this, and a 3-1/2 minute featurette will play which is a compilation of all the broadcast trailers that ran on BBC1
before and during the story’s original 1980 run.