Serial: 5B Episode Nos. 484, 485, 486, and 487. Title: The Pirate Planet
The second segment of the Key to Time is somewhere on the planet Callufrax, which is a problem as the planet seems to be
missing! In it's place is another world called Zanak, a hollow, spacejumping world ruled by a sadistic pirate captain.
With the aid of band of psychics, the Doctor must try and put a stop to the greatest crime in the history of the universe...
starring Tom Baker as Doctor Who, Mary Tamm as Romana, and John Leeson as the Voice of K9.
Written by Douglas Adams, Produced by Graham Williams, and Directed by Pennant Roberts.
- All four 25-minute episodes with full restoration treatment.
- Graphical menus, episode and scene selection features, and subtitles for the hearing impaired.
1 with director Pennant Roberts and actor Bruce Purchase (the Captain)
- Commentary 2 with actors Tom Baker and Mary Tamm, and script editor Anthony Read.
- Production Notes subtitles. Displays pop-up production trivia throughout the story.
- “Parrot Fashion” 30-minute behind-the-scenes documentary. Features interviews with writer Douglas Adams
Tamm, Bruce Purchase, Primi Townsend (Mula), Rosalind Lloyd (Nurse/Xanxia), and John Leeson,
script editor Anthony Read, Visual Effects Designer Colin Mapson, Film Cameraman Elmer Cassey,
and Director Pennant Roberts.
- Film Inserts, Deleted Scenes, and Outtakes. 13 minutes. Over twenty deleted scenes, alternative
takes, or outtakes. (Most of the ones from film inserts also appeared on the 2002 edition.)
- “Weird Science” 17-minute spoof science show that takes the mickey out of the science in 70s s.f. shows.
Graham, Matthew Irvine, and STEVII the super-computer.
- Continuities. 4 minutes. (These are the BBC introductions and trailers for the episodes.)
- Photo Gallery. 7 minutes.
- Radio Times Listings. A pdf file on the disc of the TV listings for this story, readable by a computer.
Listings in italics are features that were present on the 2002 edition of this DVD.