Serial: 5E Episode Nos. 496, 497, 498, and 499. Title: The Power of Kroll
The swamps of the third moon of Delta Magna hide the fifth segment of the Key to Time, as well as a mile-wide squid
creature called Kroll worshipped by the natives. An armed conflict is also brewing between the natives and the humans who
have built a nearby refinery. Will the Doctor escape with the segment, or are he and Romana destined to become sacrifices to Kroll?
starring Tom Baker as Doctor Who, and Mary Tamm as Romana.
Written by Robert Holmes, Produced by Graham Williams, and Directed by Norman Stewart.
- All four 25-minute episodes with full restoration treatment.
- Graphical menus, episode and scene selection features, and subtitles for the hearing impaired.
- Commentary with actors Tom Baker and John Leeson
- Production Notes subtitles. Displays pop-up production trivia throughout the story.
- “In Studio” 11 minutes of the raw studio recording taken from a surviving black and white videotape of the
featuring the making of two scenes from late in the story in the refinery
- Variations. 6-minute segment from a local news program that visited the location filming.
- “There's Something About Mary” 10 minute featurette spotlighting Mary Tamm's year on the show, featuring
- “Philip Madoc: A Villain for All Seasons” 10-minute featurette about Philip Madoc's four roles in the series
and his one in
- Continuities. 3 minutes. (These are the BBC introductions and trailers for the episodes.)
- Photo Gallery. 5 minutes.
- Radio Times Listings. A pdf file on the disc of the TV listings for this story, readable by a computer
DVD features that are listed in italics are
ones that were also available in the 2002 edition of this DVD.