Serial: H Episode Nos. 37,38,39,40, 41 and 42. Title: The Reign of Terror
The TARDIS lands in the middle of the French Revolution, and the Doctor
and his companions are seperated. Ian, Barbara, and Susan are imprisoned as
traitors, awaiting death at the guillotine, while the Doctor is left for dead in a
house. Escaping that, he heads for
but as if that task weren’t steep enough as it is, Susan has become very ill in
the prison, and Ian has become involved in an English spy plot to determine
who will be the next ruler of France...
starring William Hartnell as Dr. Who, William Russell as Ian Chesterton,
Jacqueline Hill as Barbara Wright, and Carole Ann Ford as Susan Foreman.
Written by Dennis Spooner, Associate Produced by Mervyn Pinfield,
Produced by Verity Lambert, and Directed by Henric Hirsch.
- Graphical menus and episode selection features.
- Subtitles for the hearing impaired.
- All 6 episodes of the serial, 25 minutes each, black-and-white.
Episodes 1, 2, 3 and 6 are the original TV versions, digitially remasted and
restored and with the VidFIRE video-look restoration process applied.
Episodes 4 and 5 are missing from the BBC archives and are here represented
with newly-created animations made to match copies of the original TV
soundtracks that have survived thanks to fans who made off-the-air audio
- Optional Commentary tracks. The surviving episodes feature actor
Carole Ann Ford (Susan) and production assistant Timothy Combe, and
they are joined on the relevant episodes by guest actors Neville Smith
(D’Argenson), Jeffry Wickham (Webster), Caroline Hunt (Danielle), and
Patrick Marley (Soldier). Episode 4 has a full interview with actor
Ronald Pickup (Physician), and Episode 5 has interviews with missing episode
hunters Paul Vanezis and Philip Morris. All episodes moderated by Toby Hadoke.
- Don’t Lose Your Head. A new 25-minute making-of-the-show featurette
featuring interviews with Carole Ann Ford, William Russell, and Timothy Combe.
- Robespierre’s Domain Animated Backgrounds Tour. A 3-minute featurette
showing off the animation backgrounds used to help recreate episodes 4 & 5.
- Photo Gallery. A 4-minute slideshow of photo stills taken during the TV production.
- Animation Gallery. A 4-minute slideshow of some of the animation materials.
- Information Text option. This option displays pop-up production trivia
information as subtitles as the episodes play.
- Coming Soon Trailer. A 1-minute trailer for the forthcoming DVD of
The Ark in Space Special Edition.
- PDF Files. Place this disc into the DVD-ROM drive of a computer and you can see
the original Radio Times listings from 1964.