Serial: 5A Episode Nos. 480, 481, 482, and 483. Title: The Ribos Operation Special Edition
The White Guardian sends the Doctor and his new assistant Romana on a quest to find and assemble the six disguised segments
of Key to Time. The first segment is located somewhere on the planet Ribos, where the Doctor runs afoul of a con scheme to
"sell" the entire planet to the deposed tyrant, the Graff Vynda-K. Will the Doctor escape the deadly catacombs with the vital
segment, or is he one of those who has been prophesized as doomed to die?
This story sees the debut of Mary
Tamm as Romana and Cyril Luckham as the White Guardian. It marks the
the Doctor's six-story quest for the Key to Time.
starring Tom Baker as Doctor Who, Mary Tamm as Romana, Cyril Luckham as the White Guardian, and John Leeson as
the Voice of K9.
Written by Robert Holmes, Produced by Graham Williams, and Directed by George Spenton-Foster.
- All four 25-minute episodes with full restoration treatment.
- Graphical menus, episode and scene selection features, and subtitles for the hearing impaired.
- Commentary with actors Tom Baker and Mary Tamm
- Production Notes subtitles. Displays pop-up production trivia throughout the story.
- “A Matter of Time” 60-minute documentary about the whole of Graham Williams' producer-ship.
Features interviews with actors Tom Baker, Mary Tamm, John Leeson, Louise Jameson (Leela),
Lalla Ward (the second Romana), Paul Seed (Graff Vynda-K), writers Bob Baker, Dave Martin,
Gareth Roberts, David Fisher, Douglas Adams, script editor Anthony Read, visual effects designers
Production designers Richard McManon-Smith and Dick Coles, directors Pennant Roberts,
Darrol Blake, Michael Hayes, Ken Grieve, and Christopher Barry, and Graham Williams’ widow
Jackie Williams. Narrated by Toby Longworth.
- “The Ribos File” 20-minute featurette about the making of The Ribos Operation. Features interviews
with actors Mary Tamm, Paul Seed, Nigel Plaskitt (Unstoffe), and Prentis Hancock (Captain of the
Shrieves), stuntman Stuart Fell, and Doctor
Who Magazine editor Clayton Hickman.
- Continuities. 2 minutes of the intro and outros from the BBC broadcasts.
- Season 16 Trailer. 40 seconds.
- Photo Gallery. 6 minutes of stills. (Not the same ones as on the old set. This is true for all the discs.)
- Radio Times Listings. A pdf file on the disc of the TV listings for this story, readable by a computer.
Listings in italics are features that were also on the 2002 edition of this