Serial: 4L Episode Nos. 422, 423, 424, 425, 426, and 427. Title: The Seeds of Doom
An expedition in
a man and begins turning him into one of it's own kind: a plant monster known as a Krynoid that
seeks to consume all animal life. The Doctor and Sarah try to help, but their efforts are frustrated
of a wealthy, obsessive botanist who steal the second pod and take it to him in
Will the Doctor be able to prevent the cultivation of the Krynoids, or is the world truly doomed by
starring Tom Baker as Doctor Who and Elisabeth Sladen as Sarah Jane Smith. Written by Robert
Banks Stewart, Produced by Philip Hinchcliffe, and Directed by Douglas Camfield.
On Disc 1:
- All 6 episodes of the story, digitally remastered and restored.
- Graphical menus, episode and scene selection features, and subtitles for
the hearing impaired.
- Optional commentary track by actors Tom Baker, John Challis (Scorby), Kenneth
writer Robert Banks Stewart, production designer Roger Murray-Leach, and
Joggs Camfield (son of director Douglas Camfield)
- Information Text subtitles option. Displays pop-up production trivia throughout
- Isolated Music Score. Plays the program with only the incidental music soundtrack
On Disc 2:
- “Podshock” A 37-minute “making of the show” documentary featuring interviews
with producer Philip Hinchcliffe, writer Robert Banks Stewart, actors John Challis, Ian
Fairbairn and Kenneth Gilbert, designer Jeremy Bear, visual effects designer Richard
incidental musician Geoffrey Burgon.
- “Now and Then”. A 9-minute featurette comparing the locations as they looked during
the production and as they look today.
- “Playing in the Green Cathedral.” A 10-minute interview with the late composer
- “So What Do You Do Exactly?” A 6-minute interview with production assistant Graeme
Harper about what his job on the crew was and what that of some of the other mysterious
jobs you see on the credits was.
- “Stripped for Action – The Fourth Doctor” A 20-minute featurette about the comic strip
appearances of the Fourth Doctor.
- Trails and Continuity. A 1-1/2 minute assembly of a few surviving trailers from the original
- Photo Gallery. 5 minutes of stills taken during the production of the story.
- PDF Files. DVD-ROM files in Acrobat Reader .pdf format of the Radio Times
listings for this story and of director Douglas Camfield’s “Paper Edit”. Just place the
disc in your computer and open the files.
- Coming Soon trailer. A 1-minute trailer for the DVD of Meglos.
- Egg 1: Go into the Special Features menu, 1st page, and highlight “Playing in the Green
Cathedral.” Press the right arrow. A Doctor Who logo will appear. Select this and
you’ll see a 10-second blooper from the cliffhanger scene from Part Five.
Egg 2: Go into the 2nd page of the Special Features. Select the Photo Gallery and press the
left arrow. A Doctor Who logo will appear. Select this and you’ll see another minute
from John Challis’ interview where he tells a funny story of an encounter he had with
Tom Baker years after The Seeds of Doom was made.