Serial: 4W Episode Nos. 466, 467, 468, and 469. Title: The Sun Makers
The TARDIS lands on Pluto in the far future, where the Doctor, Leela, and K9 find six artificial
suns shining down on an oppressed population of humans enslaved to an intergalactic Company
that charges taxes on every aspect of their lives...from income to work to medicine to death.
They set about encouraging rebellion against the system, and before long the system acts against them...
starring Tom Baker as Doctor Who, Louise Jameson as Leela, and John Leeson as the Voice of K9.
Written by Robert Holmes, Produced by Graham Williams, and Directed by Pennant Roberts.
- All 4 episodes of the story, digitally remastered and restored.
- Graphical menus, episode and scene selection features, and subtitles for
the hearing impaired.
- Optional commentary track by actors Tom Baker, Louise Jameson, and Michael
Keating (Goudry), and director Pennant Roberts.
- Information Text subtitles option. Displays pop-up production trivia throughout
- “Running From the Tax Man”. A new 25-minute documentary about the making of the
story, featuring interviews with Louise Jameson, Pennant Roberts, Michael Keating,
TV historian Dominic Sandbrook, and astronomer Marek Kukula.
- Trailer. A 43-second trailer that advertised the story in 1977.
- “The Doctor’s Composter – Part 2.” An interview with the regular music composer for
the series throughout the 1970s, Dudley Simpson. (Part 1 appeared on the previously
released DVD of The War Games and was about his 1960s stories.)
- Outtakes. Half-a-minute of bloopers from a scene where Cordo tries to fire a gun into
the ceiling that doesn’t want to fire.
- Photo Gallery. A package of still photos taken during the production. 4 minutes long.
- PDF Materials. : the Radio Times listings are available as a .pdf file if you put the disc
into a computer.