Serial: S Episode Nos. 78,79,80,and 81. Title: The Time Meddler
The Doctor and Vicki try to impress their new companion Steven with their
time travelling when they appear to land in 11th century
starring William Hartnell as Dr. Who, Maureen O'Brien as Vicki, and Peter Purves as Steven Taylor. Guest starring Peter Butterworth as the Meddling Monk. Written by Dennis Spooner, Produced by Verity Lambert, Directed by Douglas Camfield.
Originally transmitted from
- 4 25-minute episodes.
- Graphical menus, episode and scene selection features, and subtitles for the hearing impaired.
- Commentary track by actor Peter Purves (Steven), Producer Verity Lambert, production designer Barry Newbery
and script editor Donald Tosh. (this was recorded approximately one month before Lambert’s death in Nov. 2007)
- Verity Lambert Obituary. A text article memorializing the series’ founding producer.
- Verity Lambert Photo Gallery. A 2-minute selection of photos taken throughout Lambert’s television career.
- Information Text option. Displays pop-up production trivia subtitles throughout the story when selected.
- “Stripped for Action – the First Doctor” A new 16-minute featurette about the comic strips made in the 1960s that told further
adventures of the First Doctor.
- The Lost Twelve Seconds. A 1-minute featurette that explains what happens in the 12 seconds that are missing from the
film print of the final episode.
- Restoration. A 5-minute featurette giving a before-and-after look at the restoration of the film prints for this DVD.
- Photo Gallery. A 3-minute selection of still photos taken during production, set to the stock music that was used in the story.
- Radio Times Listings. A pdf file of the original TV listings for this story, viewable by placing the DVD in the DVD-ROM drive
of either a PC or Macintosh computer.