Serial: 4Y Episode Nos. 470, 471, 472, and 473. Title: Underworld
The TARDIS comes upon a nebula on the frontiers of creation, where the Doctor expects they must be the first beings to visit.
But they are not the first… out there is a spaceship from a dead civilization, on a hundred thousand year search for the only
others known to have survived from their world’s catastrophe… a catastrophe they blame on the Time Lords. And deep inside
the nebula that ship is to be found, buried in the heart of a newly forming planet, in a strange, unfinished underworld….
starring Tom Baker as Doctor Who, Louise Jameson as Leela, and John Leeson as the Voice of K9.
Written by Bob Baker and Dave Martin, Produced by Graham Williams, and Directed by Norman Stewart.
- All 4 episodes, digitally remastered and restored.
- Graphical menus, episode and scene selection features, and subtitles for the hearing impaired.
- Optional commentary track by actors Tom Baker and Louise Jameson and co-writer Bob Baker.
- Information Text subtitles option. Displays pop-up production trivia throughout the story.
- “Into the Unknown” A 31-minute featurette detailing the enormous difficulties faced during the
making of this story, particularly on the finances that led to much of it being shot on bluescreen.
Features interviews with writers Bob Baker and Dave Martin, script editor Anthony Read,
Designer Dick Coles, Electronic Effects Supervisor AJ “Mitch” Mitchell, actors Norman Tipton
(Idas) and Jonathan Newfe (Orfe), and archive footage of producer Graham Williams and director
- “Underworld – In Studio” A 17-minute featurette showing between-the-scenes footage of the making
of the story from the original 1977 studio recording.
- Photo Gallery. A 6-minute slideshow of production stills taken during production of the story.
- PDF Materials. Place this disc into your computer and you’ll have access to PDF files containing the following:
- The original 1978 Radio Times TV listings for this story.