Serial: 6L Episode Nos. 609, 610, 611, and 612. Title: Warriors of the Deep
On Earth in the year 2084, a cold war is being fought from the depths of the oceans. The TARDIS is shot down and forced to land in a SeaBase, which is under attack from a joint force of Silurians and Sea Devils who are once again intent on retaking the Earth for themselves...
starring Peter Davison as the Doctor, Janet Fielding as Tegan, and Mark Strickson as Turlough. Written by Johnny Byrne, Produced by John Nathan-Turner, and Directed by Pennant Roberts.
Originally transmitted from
- All 4 episodes of the story, with digital restoration.
- Commentary track by actors Peter Davison (the Doctor) and Janet Fielding (Tegan), script editor Eric Saward, and visual effects
designer Mat Irvine.
- Isolated Music option. Selecting this will play all the episodes with only the incidental music playing.
- Information Text option. Turning this on will play the episodes with production notes pop-up trivia subtitles appearing throughout.
- “The Depths” A new 32-minute featurette about the troubled production of this story, featuring interviews with actors Peter Davison,
Janet Fielding, James Coombes (Paroli), Ian McCullough (Nilson), and John Asquith (rear end of the Myrka), writer Johnny Byrne,
director Pennant Roberts, visual effects designer Mat Irvine, fan adviser Ian Levine, and DVD producer Ed Stradling.
- “They Came From Beneath the Sea” A new 13-minute featurette about the various monsters seen in this story, featuring interviews with
Peter Davison, Johnny Byrne, Pennant Roberts, Mat Irvine, John Asquith, and William Perrie (the front end of the Myrka).
- “Science in Action” A 6-minute interview with Mat Irvine recorded in 1988 where he highlighted the monster masks used in this story.
- “Trails and Continuities” A 4-minute assembly of all the advertising trailers used for this story.
- Photo Gallery. An 8-minute collection of still photos taken during production of the story.
- Coming Soon Trailer. A 1-minute trailer for the forthcoming DVD of The Time Meddler starring William Hartnell.
Radio Times Listings.
A PDF file of the Radio Times television
listings for the broadcast of this story in the
you place this DVD in the DVD drive of a PC or Mac.
- 1 Easter Egg. Highlight the blank area below to see what it is and how to find it.
Go to the Special Features menu and highlight “Science in Action,” then press the left arrow. A Doctor Who logo will appear.
Click on this and you will see a 4-1/2 minute featurette called “Mat’s Models” where
recent to the making of this DVD to show off the surviving props and masks he still has from this story.