- Writes g-code file based on plain text input (fonts are based on CXF font files)
- Supports multiple lines of text
- Justify multiple lines text (Left, Right and Centered)
- Mirroring text (vertical) and flipping text (horizontal), useful when creating molds for parts
- Create text that follows a circle of input radius (top or bottom of circle and inside or outside of circle are supported)
- Origin selection allows user to select the location of global origin, many options are available (top, bottom, centered left, right, etc) in an option menu
- Input and display of line thickness to be used during engraving allows visualization of end result
- Mouse selectable fonts in list box shows the content of the selected font folder containing CXF fonts to allow quick preview of available fonts
- Display all characters in the currently selected font file
- Open a previously exported G-Code file and retrieve the settings and text used to create the G-Code file
- Add bounding box (a circle is exported when using the text on a circle option)
- Use inches or mm as export units
- Customizable G-Code preamble and postamble
- Display size of output engraving in the message bar at the bottom of the main window
- Export Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) file
- Usable as an LinuxCNC Axis filter program (open the f-engrave.py file from within LinuxCNC Axis File-Open-f-engrave.py. when you are finished with your text select File-Write To Axis and Exit, This option only existed when executed from within Axis)
- V-carve for outline fonts
- Pan and zoom in the display window (left and right mouse button)
- Fixed potential infinite loop
- Moved font file read out of calculation loop (increased speed)
- Bug fix for flip normals and flip text
- Moved depth scalar calc out of for loop
- Minor misc bug fixes
- Added importing for DXF files
- Added True Type support using the ttf2cxf_stream helper program
- Fixed line thickness display when zooming
- Added support for more DXF entity types POLYLINE and LEADER (leaders won't have arrow heads)
- Added global accuracy setting
- Added straight line detection in v-carve output (reduces number of G1 commands and output file size)
- Improved V-carving algorithm (fixed problems with some special cases)
- Added better checking for extremely small features that should be ignored.
- Added "Flip box/circle normals" option to allow better control of the bounding box/circle in v-carving mode.
- Added import Portable BitMap (PBM) images using potrace as a helper program
- Default directory for opening PBM and DXF files is now set to the current font directory
- Default directory for and saving is now set to the users home directory
- Helper programs should now be found if they are in the global search path or F-Engrave script folder (Previously the helper programs needed to be in f-engrave script folder)
- Increased speed of v-carve calculation for large designs. Approximately up to 20 times faster now.
- Added window that displays status and contains a stop button for v-carve calculations
- Fixed display so that it no longer freezes during long calculations
- Fixed divide by zero error for certain fonts (Bug in Versions 0.5 and 0.6. Thanks to Vogavt for finding the bug)
- Changed interface when working with image (DXF or PBM) files.
- Added post processing logic to reduce number and distance of rapid moves
- Fixed bug in DXF code that caused failure to import some DXF files.
- Changed settings dialogs to allow recalculation and v-carving from the dialog window to preview settings
- Added some logic for determining default .ngc names and directory when saving
- Removed option for steps around corner (Now internally calculated based on step length and bit geometry)
- Added arc fitting to g-code output
- Fixed extended characters up to 255 (now uses numbers for the font index rather than the character)
- Added option for a second operation g-code output file to cleanup islands and adjacent areas of a v-carving
- Cleaned up some GUI bugs introduced in Version 0.8
- Remove flip border normals option
- Default to check "all" instead of current character "chr"
- Changed the percent complete calculation to use the % of the total segment length rather than the segment count
- Fixed bug that caused Radius setting from text mode to affect image mode
- Fixed bug that caused some DXF files to fail erroneously
- Fixed bug that caused some buttons on the v-carve setting to not show up.
- Fixed bug that caused bad g-code in some cases.
- Added support for DXF polyline entity "bulges" (CamBam uses polyline bulges in DXF exports)
- Modified code to be compatable with Python 3. (F-Engrave now works with Python 2.5 through 3.3)
- Removed stale references to grid the grid geometry manager
- Made minor user interface changes
- Fixed bug importing text information from g-code file in Python 3
- Put additional restriction on arc fitting to prevent arcing straight lines
- Added additional restriction on arc fitting to prevent huge erroneous circles
- Added key binding for CTRL-g to copy g-code to clipboard
- Added Command line option to set the default directory
- Added Command line option to set the default directory
- Added setting option for disabling the use of variable in the g-code output
- Added option for b-carving (using a ball endmill in v-carve mode)
- Added the text to be engraved to the top of the ngc file
- Added max depth to the v-carve settings
- Eliminated failure to save g-code file when the image filename contains extended characters.
- Changed the default .ngc/.svg filename when saving. Now it always uses the base of the image file name.
- Changed the default behavior for v-carve step size. now the default in or mm value is always reset (0.010in or 0.25mm) when switching between unit types. This will ensure that metric users will start with a good default step size setting.