Characters of the Uplift Universe
Compiled by Robert Qualkinbush
Edited by Stefan Jones
Characters from Sundiver
- Bubbacub (Pil)- Director of the Branch Library at La Paz and the
second most important Galactic on Earth. Bubbacub tried to discredit humanity
by falsifying a Library report, lying about being in communication with
the Sun Ghosts, and perpetrating the hoax of the Lethani relic which made
all sun creatures invisible rather than scare them away. His motives: embarrassment
at the lack of Library information on the Solarians and a desire to portray
humanity as an inferior race.
- Culla (Pring) - Assistant to Bubbacub. Independently created the
Sun Ghost through holographic projection. His plan was to show that humans
were foolish and not to be taken seriously; this way no negative attention
would be paid to Earth. He also helped to discredit Bubbacub by reporting
his master's hoax with the Lethani relic and his own belief in the Sun Ghost.
Since no pictures or Library records were available no one would believe
Earth anyway. This was part of a larger plan by the Pring to discredit the
Pila in hope of breaking their indenture.
- Jacob Alvarez Demwa - Former scientific-crime investigator who solved
the Water-Sphinx mystery and saved the Vanilla Space Needle in Ecuador.
The latter incident happened two years prior to Sundiver and resulted
in Jacob's wife, Tania, falling to her death. This trauma forced him to quit
his investigative job and begin working at the Center for Uplift. Jacob
has been suffering from split personality disorder ever since. The events
of Sundiver helped him overcome his mental illness, death of his
wife, and begin a new relationship with Helene DeSilva. In Startide Rising,
Jacob was revealed to be the mentor to both Gillian Baskin and Tom Orley.
- Helene DeSilva - Confederacy Commandant of Hermes Bases on Mercury.
Chronologically only 25 years old but over ninety years old due to time-dilation
space jumps. Formerly served as a junior officer on the Calypso for a 3
year voyage. Grew up on O'Niel Colony (a power satellite) before the Confederacy
took power. In Startide Rising she was known as Helene Alvarez (now
married to Jacob Alvarez Demwa) and was the Captain of the James Cook.
- Fagin (Kanten) - Official of the Institute of Progress. Jacob addressed
him as Mihorki Keephu. He is described as a perpetual observer and manipulator.
- Dr. Jeffrey (Neo-Chimpanzee) - First member of his species to become
a full member of a space research team. He used a keyboard to type out words
since this generation of Neo-Chimpanzee could not speak yet. Killed by Culla.
- Dr. Dwayne Kepler - Sundiver Expedition Captain
- Dr. Mildred Martine - With the Dept. of Parapsychology at the University
of La Paz, who joined Sundiver six months earlier to perform psychological
and parapsychological exams on the crew. She had proved so far that the
Sun Ghosts were not a hoax or mass hallucination.
- Peter (Pierre) LaRoque - Obnoxious, opinionated, pushy, and egomaniacal
reporter for Les Mondes and spy for James Alvarez. He was also the astronaut
trainer for the secret plan to build starships for Probationers.
Characters from Startide Rising
- Gillian Baskin - Physician and agent of the Terragen Council. A
product of genetic engineering that gave her enchanced hearing and intellect.
Spoke 4-5 Galactic languages. Best human friend of Hikahi and Life-partner
of Tom Orley. She Tom shared a strong telempathic bond. Pupil of Jacob Demwa.
As a member of Ship's Council, Gillian took control of Streaker after Takkata-Jim's
resignation, and until Hikahi could return.
- Emerson D'Anite - Long-limbed engineer with an alto voice and a
cyborg neuro interface. Mysteriously arrived on the planet Jijo with amnesia
and missing his neuro implant. and missing his neuro implant.
- Toshio Iwashika - Midshipman from Calafian Academy and bestfriend
of Akki. Many fins, especially Keepiru, teased him for having made the mistake
of whistling while accompanying an exploration crew. Toshio carried tiny
man-made symbiotes in his system that scavenged excess nitrogen preventing
necrosis ruptures at great depths. Toshio grew up a lot during Streaker's
crisis and began a relationship with Dennie.
- Ignacio Metz - Expert in uplift. Tall mel. Passionate advocate
of certain dolphin racial types and leader of the effort to include Stenos
bredanensis genes into the main dolphin gene pool. He convinced the Terragen
Council to include Stenos on board Streaker in responsible positions. Some
of these Stenos decompensated with the stress of the voyage, including K'tha-jon,
a special project of Dr. Metz grafted with Orca DNA. After Takkata-Jim gave
up control of Streaker to Gillian, Ignazio Metz, Takkata-Jim and three other
male Stenos exiled themselves to the Island on the Longboat. Metz was killed
by one of the insane Stenos on the Island.
- Thomas Orley - Alien Technologies Consultant. Agent of the Terragen
Council and member of Ship's Council. A product of genetic engineering that
gave him enhanced sinuses allowing perfect Trinary speech. Spoke several
Galactic languages. Best human friend of Creideiki and Life-partner of Gillian
Baskin. He and Gillian shared a strong telempathic bond through a modest
psi ability. Pupil of Jacob Demwa. Possessed a cyborg neuro interface just
above his left ear.
- Dennie Sudman - Exobiologist. She went into space because it would
advance her career and also because her personal life on Earth was a shambles.
She started a relationship with Toshio while on the island.
- Hannes Suessi - Engineer who worked in the smog oceans of Titan,
guided adenine comets through the Soup Nebula, helped in the Amerindian/Israeli
venture to terraform Venus. He and Hikahi were in charge of the teams refitting
the Thennanin (Trojan) Seahorse.
- Charles Dart - Chimpanzee planetologist. He discovered that Kithrup
had been inhabited by technological beings 30,000 years ago against the
Institute of Migration's standing quarantine of the past 100 million years.
Member of Ship's Council. Stowed-away on the Longboat and exiled himself
along with Takkata-Jim and Ignazio Metz.
- Akeakemai - female neo-fin, psi-operator.
- Akki - Midshipman from Calafian Academy, bestfriend of Toshio.
Yellowish gray coloring. Killed by K'tha-jon after a long chase.
- Brookida - metallurgist, oldest male fin.
- Creideiki - captain of the Streaker, adept at Keneenk, and mate
of Hikahi. Best dolphin friend of Tom Orley. He was raised in the settlement
of Catalina-Under and had served aboard the survey ship James Cook,
under Captain Helene Alvarez. He was electrocuted by a trap set by K'tha-jon
and lost his ability to talk but not to think. After his accident Creideiki
gained the ability to communicate with Karaank% inhabitants of Kithrup and
he secretly left Streaker to seek out an alliance with them. Creideiki was
unbeaten at creating Trinary Haiku.
- Hakukka-jo - rebellious Stenos neo-dolphin.
- Haoke - Tursiops neo-dolphin, Subsec in the engine room. Killed
by insane Moki in cold blood.
- Heurkea-pete - Stenos neo-dolphin, petty officer, studied Keneenk.
- Hikahi - fem neo-dolphin, 3rd in command of Streaker. Adept at
Keneenk Creideiki's mate. Best dolphin friend of Gillian Baskin.
- Hist't - dolphin missing after the tsunami disaster. Found dead
by Keepiru while running from K'tha-jon.
- Karkaett - one of the best fins on Streaker.
- Keepiru - first wormhole pilot, native of Atlast. An immature [Image]
fen that grew-up a lot on Kithrup.
- K'Hith - planetologist, bled to death after the tsunami disaster.
- K'tha-jon - petty officer (bosun), special variant Stenos neo-dolphin.
A secret project of Dr. Metz that incorporated Orca genetics. Giant, over
three meters longs and a girth that two men couldn't span with their arms.
Blunted bottle-nose and deeply counter shaded coloring. Reverted to a monsterous
- Lucky Kaa - considered one of the best crewfen. Electronic Tech
and Junior pilot.
- Makanee - female neo-dolphin, surgeon, member of Ship's Council.
Two uplift generations older than most other dolphins aboard.
- Moki - rebellious Stenos neo-dolphin. Killed by K'tha-jon after
a long chase.
- Olelo -
- Phip-pit - fin that disappeared while looking for Ssassia, later
found dead after the tsunami disaster.
- S'tat - mess chief, and one of the best fins on Streaker.
- S'thata - senior bosun.
- Sah'ot - Stenos neo-dolphin, civilian linguist and archaeologist.
Sexually aggressive pursuer of Dennie Sudman. Had refused to aboard the
Captain's Gig to explore the Derelict Fleet.
- Satima - dolphin injured in the tsunami disaster.
- Sawtooth -
- Skreekah-jo - Stenos
- Skreekah-pol - rebellious Stenos neo-dolphin.
- Sneekah-jo - fin that accompanied Takkata-Jim into exile.
- Ssattatta - killed by the tsunami.
- Ssassia - fin that had disappeared and later found dead in the
lair of the killer seaweed.
- Sth'ata - cook.
- Sup-peh - fin from the South Atlantic community, ship's purser.
- Sus'ta - messman, Tursiops.
- Takkata-Jim - Stenos neo-dolphin, vice-captain of the Streaker.
Wanted to woo Ignacio Metz's confidence since dolphins tended to gain better
respect from their peers with human support. Member of Ship's Council inciting
mutiny because he disagreed with Creideiki's escape plan. After giving up
control of Streaker to Gillian, he, Ignazio Metz and three other male Stenos
exiled themselves to the Island using the Longboat. Takkata-Jim denied knowing
of the plan to kill Creideiki until after the fact, nevertheless he destroyed
the booby-trapped bouy just before leaving Streaker. Takkata-Jim gave his
life for Streaker by using the Longboat to lead the Soro & Tandu alliance
away from Kithrup, allowing enough time for the Streaker's escape.
- Ti-tcha - leader of team scavenging the Thennanin wreak.
- Tkaat - archaeologist.
- Tsh't - lieutenant, female neo-dolphin, fourth officer
- Wattaceti - non-commissioned officer, engine room tech.
- Yachapa-Jean - lieutenant, former second in command who died investigating
the Derelict Fleet.
- Zaa'pht -
- Beie Chohooan - Experienced spy for the Synthian Enclave. Though
she was an observer at Paklatuthl when the J'8lek's clients broke their
indenture and also an observer when the Obeyor Alliance engaged the Abdicator
Alliance in ritual combat, she never saw such mindless slaughter as that
above Kithrup. Her ship was hit by a missile that sent it burning &
spinning in the dark.
- Buolt - Commander of the Thennanin force above Kithrup.
- Cubber-cabub - Pilan tactician aboard Krat's ship.
- Cullalberra - Pilan statistician aboard Krat's ship.
- Cullcullabra - Pilan Librarian killed by Krat for interrupting
- Herbie - Mummified body from the Derelict fleet. Gillian was working
with the Niss machine to determine it's race and age, which she guessed
to be from 1-2 billion years old. Humanoid with straight arms and legs,
man-like head and neck.
- Nukapai- Chimerical goddess from the Whale Dream.
- Niss Machine - Pseudo-intelligent sarcastic computer, lent to Thomas
Orley by Tymbrimi agents in order to prove the Tymbrimi's belief that the
Library is not neutral and that Branch Libraries sold by them have subtle
deficiencies meant to put enemy races at a disadvantage. Though It claimed
It was there more to observe human suffering than aid them. Projected a
small holograph of swirling color patterns whenever it spoke and was hidden
in Tom Orley room in a section of the dry wheel. It predicted that the events
of Kithrup would become Legend because of the following elements:  that
the youngest starfaring race, which came from wolfing patrons, found the
eldest race in a derelict fleet;  that this same group found a new pre-sentient
species on a planet where no life was expected to arise;  and that this
planet served as the "deathbed" for a species that was tortured by its own
patrons. The Niss felt that these element were an inditement of the Uplift
System and that Streaker's story would become legend.
- K-K-Kph-kree - Leviathan sperm whale god of the Whale Dream that
appeared to Creideiki and taught him how to use a new language after his
- Krat - Commander of the Soro forces. Known to have legendary hunches.
Hoped that her daughter, Pitril, would live long enough to take her down
when she was old and weak.
- Physeter - God of the Whale Dream, Possibly a dark god.
- Pitril - Soro, daughter of Krat who died in a raid to investigate
the psi-bomb explosion on Kithrup.
Characters from The Uplift War
- Helene Alvarez - Admiral, elderly woman, leader of the human delegation
to Garth. Legendary. Signed an agreement with Kault for the adoption of
Gorilla by Thennanin. (See Helene de Silva under entries Sundiver.)
- Cordwainer Appelbe - Head of Garth's Uplift Board.
- Chen Mu - Refuge administrator.
- Feng - Marine corporal.
- Forthness - Major. Superior commander to Fiben and Simon during
the space battle.
- John Kylie - Commander, with a reserve commission in the Terragen
Marines. Sallow complexion of a lifetime spacer. Captain of the in-system
civilian freighter Esperanza which survived the space battle and limped
back to Port Helenia. Kylie was able to find and live with the government
in exile. His uncle was the former coordinator of Garth.
- Dr. M'Bzwelli - One of four directors of the Howlett Center. Asian
male, completely bald. Killed by the hostage gas before being able to leave
for Port Helenia.
- Maiven - Colonel, commander of the Honor Guard seeing off the Synthian
- Lydia McCue - Officer of the Terragen Marines. Athletic, dark well-cut
features, graceful, and biologically enhanced vision. Began a sexual relationship
with Robert Oneagle.
- Juan Mendoza - Human male. Freehold farmer in the Mountains of
Mulun. Helped to hide Robert Oneagle and rebels. Succumbed hostage gas.
- Meline Mendoza - Wife of Juan Mendoza. She and their children made
it safely to Port Helenia for the hostage gas antidote.
- Millchamp - Colonel. Held a reserve commission in the Terragen
Marines, hiding with Gov't in Exile.
- Megan Oneagle - Planetary Coordinator for the Terran colony on
Garth. She was unaware of the Howlett's Center and it's illegal activities.
Mother of Robert Oneagle. Megan had three spacer husbands.
- Robert Oneagle - Captain in the Garth Colonial Militia Forces,
son of Megan Oneagle, and classmate to Fiben Bolger's at University. He
had discovered the Howlett's Center existence a year prior but didn't report
it. He was assigned to take Athaclena to the safety of the Mulun Mountains.
Through Athaclena's tutoring Robert could sense simple glyphs and the life-force
of the creatures around him. He was eventually able to form simple glyphs,
such as kiniwullun. He became Athaclena's Escort for galactic political
reasons but began a sexual relationship with Lydia McCue.
- Prathachulthorn - Major of the Terragen Marines. South Asian Features.
Extremely sexist and xenophobic man who had quite a lot of hate and mistrust
of Galactics. Died fight the Gubru forces in the Mulun Mountains.
- Dr. Susan Taka - One of four directors of the Howlett Center. Black
female. Killed by the hostage gas before being able to leave for Port Helenia.
Anthropologist and mentor to Gailet Jones.
- Sam Tennace - Pilot and one of Megan's three spacer husbands. Father
of Robert Oneagle. Sam'stopped at Garth every five years.
- April Wu - Toddler human female. Her parents sent her away with
the Gorillas once the Gubru invasion began. The fate of her parents is unclear.
- Dr. Suzinn Benirshke - Sole chim hiding with the Gov't in Exile.
- Benjamin - Male chim, assistant at the Howlett Center. Became good
friends and assistant to "general" Athaclena.
- Fiben Bolger - Blue Card male chim, lieutenant in the colonial
militia. Ecologist by training. Classmate of Robert Oneagle at University.
Nicknamed "Trog" Fiben was instrumental in communicating with the mountain
rebels led by Athaclena and city rebels led by Gailet Jones. On one of his
city excursions he was captured by the Gubru and their Chim collaborators.
The Suzerain of Propriety enlisted Fiben as a race representative for the
upcoming Uplift Ceremony. Fiben's heroism and courage was rewarded with
an upgrade to White Card status and a promotion to reserve colonel in the
Garth Defense Forces. He married Sylvie and Gailet Jones.
- Dr. de Shriver - Female chim physician at the Howlett's Center
and aid to Athaclena.
- Donna - Elderly chimmie in the Mulun Mountains.
- Dwayne - Chim rebel working with Gailet's group.
- Elsie - Bespectacled, lieutenant, middle aged chimmie with the
- Frank - Rebel chim in the Mulun Mountains.
- Fulton, Barnaby - Involved with Gailet's urban underground. Later
a protor doing crowd control during the Uplift Ceremony.
- Harry - Rebel chim in the Mulun Mountains.
- "Irongrip" Hansen - Red card male chim. He possesed genetically
enhanced strength, but other qualities rated him a probationer. Outlaw and
leader of a gang of red cards collaborators. Through the course of events
became a personal enemy of Fiben Bolger and Gailet Jones. Chosen as race representative
by the Suzerain of Beam and Talon after Fiben's escape. Irongrip planned
to choose the Gubru as stage consort in accordance with Gubru plans. Through
tampering with the process Irongrip on all of his cronies made it through
all of the testing stations. Fiben beat the crap out of him.
- Jobert - Elderly chim rebel in the Mulun Mountains.
- Jojo - Genetic throwback without the ability to speak. Enlisted
by Uthacalthing in playing on joke on Kault. Jojo planted clues for Kault
to find so that he would reach the mistaken conclusion the Garthiling actually
existed. He foraged off the land while on this long trek and communicated
with Uthacalthing by Warder Globe.
- Gailet Jones - White card female chim, expert on Galactic Society.
Leader of the urban uprising. Postdoctoral student of Dr. Taka. Received
her doctorate on Earth at the University of Djakarta. Qualified for the Terragen
Center of Galactic Studies in La Paz but was denied a position because the
Uplift Board felt her white card status would be better utilized on Garth.
If she had performed just a little better on the entrance exam she would
have been let in. She was chosen by the Suzerain of Propreity as race representative,
but when this project fell into military talons she was subconciously programmed
to choose the Gubru as Stage Consort when the time came. She married Fiben
- Levin, Simon - Jewish male chim. Died in the space battle in his
scoutship TAASF Bonobo.
- Max - Yellow card large male chim with scarred face, broad shoulders
and canine teeth. Body guard and family friend of Gailet Jones. Max was
expecting the birth of his second child. Killed by Irongrip and his gang
in the Hyperspace Shunt.
- Micah - Elderly chim working with the rebels in Mulun Mountains.
- Micheala Noddings - Green card, schoolteacher, one of the race
representatives during the Uplift Ceremony.
- Oakes - Elderly professor, working with Gailet's rebel group.
- Olvfing - Elderly chim professor in Terragen Traditions Dept. Always
wore a monocle and tried to get a chim monogamy bill before the legislature.
However the good professor had once lost control of himself during an Igor
Patterson concert with the Dean of the College of Nutrition.
- Igor Patterson - White card male chim and famed percussionist.
Though Igor was fully charming, intelligent and handsome he lived an isolated
life because just wanted him for his genes or for his musical prowess. He
was an icon of great pride for all chimpanzees.
- Petrie - Male chim assistant at the Howlett Center. Acted as messenger
to the Government in Exile and the mountain rebels.
- Sammy- Aid to Athaclena.
- Dr. Schultz - One of four directors of the Howlett Center. Even
thought he was a chimpanzee he was affected by the Hostage gas and died. Dr.
Schultz had designed a bacteria that help Gorilla's finicky digestive system
function better. This bacteria was later found to be an effective weapon
against Gubru hardware.
- Sichi - Son of Sylvie. Found to be "anomalous" after birth and
was sent to Earth for further evaluation. He was given a Blue card and adopted
by a Blue card family on Earth.
- Professor Simmins - Race representative during the Uplift Ceremony.
Failed to make it to the end.
- Dr. Elayne Soo- Bespectacled, senior chimmie, Howlett Center nutritionist
and medic. Worked with gorilla genetic histories. Became and aid to Athaclena.
- Steelbar - One of Irongrip's probationer gang. Race representative
during the Uplift Ceremony. Through tampering with the process Irongrip
on all of his cronies made it through all of the testing stations.
- Jimmie Sung - Professor of Galactic History at Port Helenia University.
- Sylvie - Green card female chim who had recently nursed an infant.
She was first seen doing a sexually explicit (and illegal) dance in the
Ape's Grape bar. had been upgraded from Yellow card after giving birth to
a Blue child named Sichi five years earlier. She helped Fiben escape from
the Gubru in Port Helenia. As payment for this aid Fiben agreed to help
Sylvie become pregnant. Sylvie had most of a college education and discovered
that the Gubru were tracking Earthlings by scanning for hemoglobin. She married
- Throop Family - A small sharing-clan on Quintana Island that had
asked Fiben to join their group marriage. They had a rambling house, good
grooming habits, and respectable professions. All green cards.
- Dr. Wald - Elderly chim rebel with Gailet's group.
- Weasel - One of Irongrip's probationer gang. Race representative
during the Uplift Ceremony. Through tampering with the process Irongrip
on all of his cronies made it through all of the testing stations.
- Yossy - Chim working with Gailet's group. Led a team to destroy
the skynet battery.
- Five Bubble Spirals - Whale, one of the twelve Great Dreamers of
- Cha-Cha - female gorilla, baby of Nita.
- Jonny - male gorilla
- Kongie - infant Gorilla
- Nita - female gorilla, mother of Cha-Cha.
- Athaclena - Daughter of Tymbrimi ambassador, Uthacalthing. Leader
of the Irregular Army of Garth. Athaclena had been changing her appearance
to look more like a human female since the day she arrived on Garth, a half
year before the Gubru invasion. She had oval eyes with large gold flecked
green irises and had aquired tear ducts and the ability to cry. During her
time in the Mulun Mountains, Athaclena gained great respect from chimpanzee
rebels that insisted on calling her General. She also married Robert Oneagle,
whom she had fallen in love with, for purely political reasons. During the
s'ustru'thoon, a rarely used Tymbrimi ability, Athaclena took from her father
strength and knowledge to aid her in her struggles. She eventually returned
this energy to her father "with interest".
- Buoult - Captain of Athanasfire, which carried Helene Alvarez and
the Human delegation to Garth.
- Cough'Quinn*3 - Serentin. Grand High Examiner for the Uplift Institute.
She was a cynical yet very wise leader.
- Kault - Thennanin ambassador to Garth. Had worked for the Institute
of Migration and had met the Fah'fah'n*fah. Member of a Thennanin faction
advocating peace with the Tymbrimi. With hisinvolvement in the aquistion
of the Gorillas, Kault and his political faction would soon be in control
of Thennanin government. Kault had a reputation for vulgarity and frivolity
amongst the Thennanin and was therefore given the position of Ambassador
to Garth. By Tymbrimi and Human standards Kault is humorless and dull.
- Kihimik - Tytlal scientist, consort of Sustruk and race representative
during Ceremony of Uplift for Tytlal on Tymbrim.
- Kuff-Kuff't - Brma singer that sang at the Ceremony of Uplift for
the Tytlal on Tymbrim.
- Ma'chutallil - Famed Tymbrimi storyteller.
- Mathicluanna - Athaclena's deceased mother. Before leaving for
the Mulun mountains, Athaclena received a locket from her father containing
one of Mathicluanna's tendrils. Uthacalthing had meant to give it to her
when she declared herself of age.
- Oshoyoythuna - Tymbrimi, Trickster of the City of Foyon. Depicted
by the Tytlal during the Rite of Acceptance as a gesture that they wanted
the Tymbrimi to continue their Uplift.
- Oth'thushutn - Tymbrimi aide, secretary and friend to Uthacalthing.
Died trying to run the Gubru blockade.
- Sustruk - Tytlal muse-poet chosen as race representative for the
Uplift Ceremony. He died a few days after the Ceremony.
- Suzerain of Beam and Talon - Gubru. Usurped the Suzerain of Propriety's
plans for the Chimpanzee Uplift Ceremony. Had begun to molt red but once
the Suzerain of Propriety's policies were discovered to be correct the molting
process reversed itself and It molted into a blue male. This along with
other stresses drove the Suzerain mad and he refused to follow orders from
it new queen and mate. He was killed by his own stoop-colonel after trying
to continue hostilities with the Chim rebels.
- Suzerain of Cost and Caution - Gubru. Died in the stink bomb attack
on the Tymbrimi embassy. It was very promising and the Suzerain of Propriety
missed it's presense. It replacement never fully matured or adapted to the
- Suzerain of Propriety - Gubru. Overseer of Appropriateness of Behavior
for the Gubru. It was tricked by Uthacalthing to believe that Garthlings,
a potential client species, existed on Garth. It then set in motion construction
of a Hyperspace Shunt for a Ceremony of Adoption. Once It discovered that
Garthlings were a myth this very expensive undertaking had to be justified
somehow. It changed the purpose of the Hyperspace Shunt to be a Ceremony
of Acceptance for Chimpanzee. Outwardly this would be a gesture of goodwill
towards Earthclan but was really a ruse to discredit Humans, set themselves
up as Stage Consorts to Chimpanzee and therefore adopt them upon Humanity's
fall. The Suzerain coerced the aid of Gailet and Fiben to act as race representatives
during the Uplift ceremony. In exchange for their cooperation It promised
that the Gubru would end their obstruction of humanity's patron status and
cease all hostilities with Eath. Though it eventually became Queen with
red plummage, it had no consorts since one was dead and the other underdeveloped.
The Gubru would pay a high price for interferring with and Uplift Ceremony
and their failed Garth invasion objectives.
- Swoio Shochuhun - Synthian Consul that departed Garth at the beginning
of the crisis.
- Thlufallthreela - Tymbrimi composer of "Dirge of Inevitability"
4,000 years ago time of sorrow and loss of the Caltmour patrons.
- Uthacalthing - Tymbrimi ambassador to Garth. Uthacalthing had a
complex and well thought out plan to make the Gubru and Ambassador Kault believe
that Garthlings exsisted. He sabotaged the Branch Library by deleting all
references to Uplift procedures. This caused the Gubru to believe humans
were using these file for some secret uplift purpose. It also cost them
the expense of bringing in a new library. Uthacalthing used his prank on
Kault to extract a promise that the Thenannin would aid the Tymbrimi and
Earthlings against those Galactics besieging their worlds. This promise
was in exchange for Uthacalthing's aid in securing Garthlings for the Thennanin.
Little did Uthacalthing know that the joke was on him - Garthlings actually
did exist in the form of Gorillas.
Copyright (C) 2001-2002 by Steve Jackson Games