In order to receive my Child Development Associate Certificate [CDA], I had to compose
the following six competency goals. I encourage you to read them so you can
learn more about how my classroom is managed.
1. To establish and maintain a safe, healthy learning environment.
2. To advance physical and intellectual competence.
3. To support social and emotional development and to provide positive
4. To establish positive and productive relationships with families.
5. To ensure a well run, purposeful program responsive to participant needs.
6. To maintain a commitment to professionalism.