I tend to be a very traditional gamer - raised on old school role playing games like Pools of Radiance, Kings Quest, Might and Magic, Darklands and many of the AD&D style games like Baldurs Gate, Icewind Dale, and Neverwinter Nights (I & II).
Over time I expanded somewhat to include games outside if high fantasy - games like the Fallout series, Knights of the Republic (star wars), and Mass Effect. I also tossed in some RTS (strategy games) and Action-RPG style games.
Besides single player games I also really enjoy MMORPG style games although I tend to focus on casual game play with light role playing and do not raid or engage in PvP.
My favortire game, pretty much ever, is Skyrim. It is a very open sandbox style game with tons of freedom to play as you want. So far I have played Ulfr Bjorn (pictured in my logo at top), a mighty Bear Shaman and warrior. Next was Varg the Reluctant Orc Paladin who is my favorite so far. My third character, who I plan on playing through a very heavily modded game with, is Kveldulfr Thunor (website namesake) who is a Werewolf Mercanary but who has a mysterious past tied into some ancient Aedra Gods from Atmor.
Avatar: Kveldulfr Thunor - Ranger Lord
My soul wanders the multi-universe as the Ranger Lord of the Dark Maelstrom. An Eternal Champion of the balance of Life and Death, Order and Chaos, Light and Dark. I go where ever there is a need of a hero or a threat to the balance of the the cosmos that ensures creation and life. I have, and I will, take on many roles in my existence and here are but a few of them.
Througout my games I tend to have a common theme for my main avatar - who I tend to play based on an idealized version of myself and who I would like to be. I have a huge history of names but my current favorite, obviously, is Kveldulfr Thunor, often known as just Ulfr. I tend to play him as rugged anti-hero with a strong streak of kindness for those in need. I somewhat style him off some of my favorite book characters (such as the Justicar from White Plume Mountain by Paul Kidd, Hadrian from Riyria Revelations by Michael Sullivan, and Bahzell Bahnakson from Oath of Swords by David Webber) and, when possible, design him close to the guy in my website banner.
I like my game avatars to be powerful fighters, noble warriors, and true heros. All things I would like to be. I do not know who created that image but it embodies pretty much everything I like about my heroes. As part of my characters role playing, Kveldulfr (like his namesake) can transform into a wolf and the cloak he is wearing is part of the power in physical form.
For more images of of hero's, fantasy and a collection of my avatars from various games, check out my gallery of hosted screenshots - just be warned there are a lot of images and many of them are very large and can take some time to download.
Games I am playing
At any given time I am usually playing a few games, depending on time. Here are the ones I am currently playing (see game codes for what the various acronyms mean).
- Guild Wars II - MMORPG, Kveldulfr a Ranger of Divinities Reach
- Guild Wars II Wiki - Information about the game
- Project Eterenity* - RPG, This is a kickstarter game. Not beta testing but I donated to the game and will be actively following it. Expected release is April 2014.
- Secret World, The - MMORPG, Kveldulfr "Ulfr" Thunor - Dragon of Da Kimchi Code on the Arcadia server. Focus on chaos magic and blades for weapons.
- Secret World Wiki - Information about the game
- Skyrim - SRPG, Ulfr Bjorn as a sort of Dark Ranger
- Skyrim Nexus - Collection of mods for Skyrim
- Torchlight II - ARPG, Been playing the demo and think I will purchase the whole game.
* BETA testing or Kickstarter
- RPG = Role Playing Game
- ARPG = Action RPG (focus on action, light RP aspects)
- PRPG = Puzzle based RPG
- MMORPG = Massive Multi-Player Online RPG