- Arabic Language Lessons iTunes Feed Web Site
- The US Peace Corps serves up 10 lessons that will teach you the Arabic spoken in Jordan. The web site includes a useful transcript.
- ArabicPod iTunes Feed Web Site
- Includes mp3 podcasts and PDF transcripts.
- Survival Phrases Arabic iTunes Feed Web Site
- Provides the essentials you’ll need to get around.
- The Arabic Circle - iTunes Feed
- While not offering language lessons per se, the University of Chicago’s Center for Middle Eastern studies offers weekly lectures in Arabic that include social, cultural and academic investigations of the Arabic speaking world. Students will find it handy for practicing their comprehension.
- The Arabic PodClass Feed Web Site
- A fledgling podcast that’s worth a look.
- Cantonese Lessons Feed Web Site
- This is a very fledgling Cantonese language series. It has one lesson so far. So we’ll have to see if this is for real. In the meantime, please let us know if you find a richer collection of Cantonese lessons.
- Chinese Learn Online iTunes Feed Web Site
- A dialogue-based introduction to Mandarin Chinese. Load them on your iPod and get up the Chinese curve.
- Chinese Lessons with Serge Melnyk iTunes Feed Web Site
- Weekly lessons in Mandarin that get very strong reviews from iTunes users..
- Chinesepod.com iTunes Feed Web Site
- A series of well-reviewed lessons that will let you learn Mandarin on your own terms.
- iMandarinPod.com iTunes Feed Web Site
- A more advanced podcast, this series of lessons teaches Chinese by talking about Chinese culture or what is happening today in China.
- LearnChinesePod.com iTunes Feed Web Site
- A Mandarin language podcast taught by Yao in New York City.
- Mandarin Chinese Conversation iTunes Web Site
- A language series put together by TimesOnline.
- Mandarin Chinese Feed Web Site
- 10 Lessons by the US Peace Corps. Make sure you visit the site and download the pdf that accompanies the lessons.
- Survival Chinese iTunes Feed Web Site
- Learn the phrases you need to get by while traveling in China.
- Think and Talk Like (the) Chinese iTunes Web Site
- Cathy Lu takes a look at the Chinese language, while introducing students to China’s history and culture.
- World Learner Chinese iTunes Feed Web Site
- Another in the mix of possibilities.
- Dare to Danish iTunes Web Site
- This is not your usual series of language lessons. Here, a “dirty Dane” teaches you “stupid phrases and more.”
- Laura Speaks Dutch iTunes Feed Web Site
- A series of podcasts that will help you travel to Holland. It’s worth checking out the accompanying web site.
- Business English iTunes Web Site
- Learn the English you will need to function effectively in an American business environment.
- English as a Second Language Podcast iTunes Feed Web Site
- A very well liked collection of ESL lessons. Over 100 episodes in the collection.
- English for Spanish Speakers (’Por Fin Aprende Ingles’) iTunes Feed Web Site
- Si usted haya asistido al menos a un curso de ingles, y usted necesita la oportunidad de escuchar al ingles y hablar el ingles, entonces ‘Por Fin Aprende Ingles’ es el podcast perfecto para usted. Presentado por Carla Staufert-Sauvier, una profesora de Mexico, y Jade Lindquist, una profesora de los EE UU.
- ESL Business News iTunes Feed Web Site
- A weekly podcast of international business news read in slow, clear English. Listen to the podcast and follow along in the accompanying script.
- On Demand English iTunes Feed Web Site
- Daily podcasts that will teach you English and American customs. Well done.
- The Bob and Rob Show: Weekly English Lessons from a Yankee and a Brit iTunes Feed Web Site
- Taking a more unconventional approach to teaching English, this program uses humor to teach intermediate-to-advanced students idioms, grammar, and slang in both American and English flavors.
- Tu Ingles! iTunes Feed Web Site
- “Tu Ingles” is designed to help Spanish-speakers improve their ear for English. The weekly program features drills of verb conjugation, interviews, advice about idioms, and excerpts of speeches and other recorded spoken material from famous English speakers.
- Esperanto-Lecionoj iTunes Feed Web Site
- These lessons will help you become familiar with Esperanto, a purely international language
- Special Finnish Feed Web Site
- For listeners with some command of Finnish YLE Radio Finland offers daily broadcasts in “Special Finnish”. The five minute broadcasts cover items of current interest. To ease understanding, we simplify the language and slow down the delivery. Some grammatical forms are not used at all. The level of Finnish used is planned to match the expected ability to understand Finnish shown by persons in Level Two Language Command (ofFinnish) as defined by the Council of Europe.”
- Easy French Poetry Podcast iTunes Feed Web Site
- A French as a second language Podcast, using poetry as a topic for discussion using everyday conversational French.
- French for Beginners iTunes Feed Web Site
- Fun, effective lessons for beginners. Provided by the French Ecole.
- FrenchPod.com iTunes Feed Web Site
- A series of well-reviewed lessons that will let you learn French on your own terms. FrenchPod currently offers free podcasts on a schedule of 5 per week with extra shows on the weekend. The podcasts are accompanied by text expansion exercises and other tutoring aids.
- Le Journal en français facile iTunes Feed Web Site
- Nightly news from RFI presented in slowly spoken French to assist you with your comprehension.
- Learn French by Podcast iTunes Feed Web Site
- A well-reviewed series of lessons for beginners and those who want to brush up on their French.
- Learn French with Coffee Break French iTunes Feed Web Site
- The producers of the very popular Coffee Break Spanish now offer a podcast that will teach you French.
- Learn French with Daily Podcasts iTunes Feed Web Site
- These lessons are brought to you by French teachers from Paris. They are best suited for those who already have some beginning French under their belts.
- Ma France iTunes Feed Web Site
- The BBC offers 24 video podcasts that will teach you French.
- Mali French Feed Web Site
- The Peace Corps teaches you some of the French spoken in Mali.
- The French Pod Class iTunes Feed Web Site
- A very popular collection that teaches students the French language and different facets of French culture.
- The Verbcast - French Verbs by Relaxation iTunes Feed Web Site
- A four-week series of lessons that will allow you to refine your knowledge of French verbs.
- Deutsch - warum nicht?
- German Podcast.de iTunes Web Site
- GerGermanGrammar iTunes Feed Web Site
- German grammar lessons aimed at American students.
- Lernen Wir Deutsch iTunes Feed Web Site
- Presented in video, these “vodcasts” get high marks for being not only educational but also very entertaining.
- MyDailyPhrase.com iTunes Feed Web Site
- Learn German phrase by phrase over a course of 20 weeks. The podcasts will cover all the language you need to know to get by on a visit to a German-speaking country. This series is put together by the same people created the popular series “Coffee Break Spanish.”
- One Minute German iTunes Feed Web Site
- Presented by the Radio Lingua Network
- Slow German iTunes Feed Web Site
- Annik Rubens reads slowly and clearly from parts of her popular podcast, Sleepless in Munich (Schaflos in Munchen).
- Slowly Spoken News iTunes Feed
- Deutsche Welle provides a nightly news broadcast in German that’s spoken slowly so that you can work on your comprehension.
- Learning Greek iTunes Feed Web Site
- From the Hellenic American Union, these lessons will teach students Modern Greek. For those who already have some foundation in the language.
- Elementary Hebrew iTunes
- The audio and video files come from a course taught in a seminary.
- Hebrew Vocab Pronunciations iTunes Web Site
- Here you get straightforward pronunciations of words in Hebrew.
And, by the way, you can find a good resource to learn Biblical Hebrew vocabulary here.
- I Speak Hindi Feed Web Site
- Learn Hindi from Bollywood Movies iTunes Feed Web Site
- This looks like a fun approach to learning a language.
- Namaste Dosti - The Learn Hindi Podcast iTunes Feed Web Site
- There are few options when it comes to learning Hindi via podcast, so the podcast author decided to fill the void.
- Learning Indonesian iTunes Feed Web Site
- A complete online Indonesian course geared towards developing conversational fluency in the Indonesian Language.
- Learn Irish Feed Web Site
- As the title says, here’s a quite new podcast that will teach you Irish. Hopefully, it will continue to grow.
- One Minute Irish iTunes Feed Web Site
- ItalianPod.com iTunes Feed Web Site
- A series of well-reviewed lessons that will let you learn Italian on your own terms.
- LearnItalianPod.com iTunes Feed Web Site
- A series of Italian language lessons that will get you up and running. I have personally used them and found them effective.
- Let’s Speak Italian iTunes Feed Web Site
- This collection will help you learn Italian in small, manageable 5-minute bites.
- MyDailyPhrase.com iTunes Web Site
- Learn Italian step by step over a course of 20 weeks. The podcasts will cover all the language you need to know to get by on a visit to a Italian-speaking country. Created by the same people who put together the popular series “Coffee Break Spanish.”
- World Languages Podcasting - Italian Podcast iTunes Feed Web Site
- It’s admittedly a bit of an untraditional way to learn Italian. This podcast lets you listen to conversations about Australian culture in Italian.
- Japanese Class (Video) iTunes Web Site
- These videocasts from the Kyoto Japanese Language School get strong reviews. They use video effectively to demonstrate how to write in Japanese.
- JapanesePod101.com iTunes Feed Web Site
- Over 100 quality lessons aimed at the beginner. Users give it high marks.
- Learn Japanese iTunes Feed Web Site
- Japancast teaches Japanese using lessons from anime and everyday conversation.
- Learn Japanese Symbols iTunes Feed Web Site
- These lessons teach students how to work with Japanese symbols, such as Kanji, Hiragana, and Katakana.
- Survival Phrases iTunes Feed Web Site
- Learn the must-know phrases for traveling in Japan.
- Easy Quick Learn Korean iTunes Feed Web Site
- One of the newer and seemingly more robust options for learning Korean.
- Learn Korean iTunes Feed Web Site
- A little new and “rough around the edges,” according to reviewers, but perhaps worth a look.
- Kimchigirls iTunes Feed Web Site
- An option that looks to have more promise.
- Survival Phrases iTunes Feed Web Site
- Gets the phrases that will get you by.
- Latinum iTunes Feed Web Site
- The Latin Language Learning Podcast from London.
- Nightly News in Latin Feed Web Site
- “Nuntii Latini - News in Latin - is a weekly review of world news in Classical Latin, the only international broadcast of its kind in the world, produced by YLE, the Finnish Broadcasting Company.
- One Minute Luxembourgish iTunes Feed Web Site
- Another niche language covered by the Radio Lingua Network.
- Brazilian PodClass iTunes Feed Web Site
- Brazilian Portuguese iTunes Feed Web Site
- A conversation-oriented introduction to Brazilian Portuguese. You’ll also get introduced to Brazilian culture, and learn about the differences between the language spoken in Brazil and Portugal. NOTE: Mp3s for the first 16 lessons can be found here.
- Ta Falado: Brazilian Portuguese Pronunciation for Spanish Speakers iTunes Feed Web Site
- Created by the Texas Language Technology Center in the Department of Spanish and Portuguese at UT-Austin.
- Learn Romanian iTunes Feed Web Site
- A quick way to learn Romanian survival phrases to help you on your journey.
- A Spoonful of Russian iTunes Feed Web Site
- Recommended by our readers.
- A Taste of Russian iTunes Feed Web Site
- This “isn’t a boring Grammar course, it is a real chat on different topics which can be heard in everyday life. It is a chance to listen to the native speakers talking at home, at work, at the shop, at the party, etc.”
- Business Russian iTunes Feed Web Site
- Presented by the UCLA Center for World Languages, this series teaches students the essentials of Russian business communication.
- Russian (Kazahk) Feed Web Site
- No Borat jokes. Learn some Kazahk style Russian from the Peace Corps. Be sure to download the accompanying PDF file.
- Russian Literature iTunes Feed Web Site
- Also presented by UCLA, this podcast helps users improve their comprehension and vocabulary by listening to excerpts from Tolstoy, Gogol, Chekhov and other Russian literary greats.
- One Minute Russian iTunes Feed Web Site
- RussianPod101 iTunes Web Site
- Helps you learn Russian and Russian culture at your convenience.
- Cody’s Cuentos iTunes Feed Web Site
- A Spanish-language podcast of classic fairy tales and legends. The fact that you probably already know the story in English will aid your comprehension of understanding the tale in Spanish.
- Coffee Break Spanish iTunes Feed Web Site
- Learn Spanish in a low-key, effective way. Currently the #2 overall favorite in iTunes’ podcast collection. They must be loaded on iPods everywhere.
- Finally Learn Spanish - Beyond the Basics iTunes Feed Web Site
- If you’ve had some Spanish classes and you need experience listening to and speaking the language, then Finally Learn Spanish has a collection of podcasts for you.
- Insta Spanish Lessons iTunes Feed Web Site
- Weekly comprehension and grammar exercises for students of all levels. One of the more popular podcasts on iTunes.
- Learn Spanish at SpanishPod101 iTunes Feed Web Site
- A podcast created by teams from 5 Spanish speaking countries.
- Learn Spanish Survival Guide iTunes Feed
- If you’re planning a trip to a Spanish speaking country, and if you don’t know the language, this will help get you up to speed.
- Learn to Speak Spanish iTunes Feed Web Site
- Learn to speak Spanish in just 15 minutes per day.
- LingusTV iTunes Feed Web Site
- A unique entry into the instructional language podcasts arena. It’s an educational video podcast done in the form of a television sit-com (situation comedy), laugh track included. While the actors speak solely in Spanish, Spanish subtitles are provided and explanations of vocabulary and grammar points are provided on the web site.
- Notes in Spanish iTunes - Feed - Web Site
- Produced by Ben Curtis and Marina Diez, a husband-and-wife team out of Madrid, Spain. Ben is British and Marina is Spanish and they too have built quite a large following for their conversational Spanish podcasts, (for beginners, intermediates and advanced students), which promise to teach listeners “real Spanish” the way it is actually spoken every day in Spain.
- Rojas Spanish Language iTunes Feed Web Site
- “No English is spoken here. These podcasts are for the Intermediate and Advanced Spanish Speaker who would like to sharpen their Spanish skills. The fine points of the language will be presented and explored through a variety of topics to include; music, history, culture, food.”
- SpanishPod iTunes Feed Web Site
- A series of well-reviewed lessons that will let you learn Spanish on your own terms.
- SpanishPod101 iTunes Feed Web Site
- Distinguishes itself from other currently available instructional podcasts by providing lessons that feature different accents from around the Spanish-speaking world. Dialogues are repeated multiple times and an English translation is provided, to further aid learning.
- Spanish Sense iTunes Feed Web Site
- Another set of podcasts that lets you learn Spanish on your own terms.
- Spanish Podcasts for Beginners iTunes Feed Web Site
- Podcasts recorded by native Spanish speakers with clear explanations in English.
- Voices en Español iTunes Feed Web Site
- Geared toward more advanced students, this podcast features an interview in Spanish with a native speaker from Spain, Latin America or the U.S. It’s also accompanied by a bilingual blog that includes weekly Spanish grammar tips.
- Klartext Feed Web site
- News in easy-to-understand Swedish.
- Learn Swedish with SwedishLingQ iTunes Feed Web Site
- Our readers have been waiting for Swedish lessons to come along. Here it finally is.
- Viloria.com Pinoy Podcast iTunes Feed Web Site
- Learn to speak Tagalog to give you the advantage when you travel to the Philippines.
- Learn Thai Podcast: Free English Thai Audiolearning Course Feed Web Site
- Apparently the lessons are good, but they’ve been having some technical problems and not all podcasts are always available.
- Survival Phrases iTunes Feed Web Site
- You get the gist from the title. Learn here some phrases that will help you survive in Vietnam.
- Millie’s Yiddish Class iTunes YouTube Feed Web Site
- Learn Yiddish via video, includes link to Youtube.
- Teach Yourself a Foreign Language iTunes Feed Web Site
- This program discusses how to go about learning a foreign language on your own. Some people liked it, some didn’t. Check it out and judge for yourself.
Try Audible Now and Get TWO FREE DOWNLOADS!