- 500 g (18 oz) ground beef
- 500 g (18 oz) ground pork
- 5 dl (2 1/2 cup) milk
- 3 dl (1 1/2 cup) white breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 onion
- Soak the breadcrumbs in the milk for about 10 minutes.
- Blend the ground meats together.
- Finely mince the onion and mix into the meat together with eggs and spices.
- Blend in the milk/breadcrumb mixture.
- Shape small meatballs with the aid of two spoons and place on water-rinsed plates.
- Brown a generous pat of butter in a frying pan, and when it
``goes quiet'' place the meatballs (about 7 at a time) in the
pan and let them brown on all sides.
- Put the meatballs aside until they are all browned. Mix a
little water into the pan to make a broth. Put meatballs back
in pan and let slowly cook until done, about 10 minutes.