Upcoming Programs for Washington Print Club Members
- Friday, March 7: The Baroque Woodcut
at the National Gallery of Art. Walking tour with Peter Parshall, head
of the Old Master Print department and curator of the exhibition.
- Saturday, March 29: In the Forest
of Fontainebleau: Painters and Photographers from Corot to Monet
at the National Gallery of Art. Christopher With, of the gallery staff
and the WPC board, will give a walking tour.
- Saturday, April 12: Meet mezzotint artist Frederick Mershimer
at Georgetown University to celebrate the publication of the new catalogue
raisonné of his work and to view GU art collection's exhibit
"Revealing The Light: Mezzotint Engravings At Georgetown University."
The show features prints by Mr. Mershimer, Charles Ritchie, Robert Kipniss
and Joseph Pennell.
- Saturday, April 26: Visit to a private collection which includes
prints by Mershimer and major twentieth century American printmakers
such as Grant Wood, Howard Cook, and Louis Lozowick, as well as prints
by Peter Milton and Piranesi.
- Saturday, May 3: "Bonnard and Vuillard: Paintings and
Works on Paper from the Collection at the Baltimore Museum of Art."
Katy Rothkopf, curator and department head of European Painting and
Sculpture will conduct a walking tour.
- Wenesday, May 21: The Washington Print Club's annual party/meeting.
- Saturday, May 31: "Ballyhoo! Posters as Portraiture"
at the National Portrait Gallery. Walking tour with curator Wendy Wick
Members receive mailings with complete information
about events and details about making reservations.