About Us    102 in Action   Fire Prevention   News    Events   Home
Trucks   Junior Members   become a member   Memorial   Hall Rental  

Members Only

Washington Township
Fire Company
 
 Westmoreland County

 Go to 2011 Officers list   Go to 2009 Response Summary    
        Go to History of Fire Co.
      Go to Our Favorite Links                 

  Fire Company Officers for 2010

                                                        ((Click on the name to send e-mail  ))

President  Pat Riggle Fire Chief Dan Black
Vice President Clayton Murphy Assistant Chief Clayton Murphy
Secretary Shelly Riggle Assistant Chief Ken Ridenour
Treasurer Jodi Grinder Captain Matt Nolf
Financial Secretary  Sandy Ridenour Lieutenant Dave Black
Sergeant at Arms Henry Nolf Lieutenant Nicole Gibbons
Trustee Don Kaufman Rescue Captains  Mark Grinder
Trustee Bruce Leith Safety Officers Jim Potlas, Henry Nolf
Trustee Ken Ridenour Chief Engineer Pat Riggle

                2009 Response Summary :                                                  

Incident Type

2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009
Fire: 44 32 38 43 44 53 29 40

other

1     9 4 8    

Building fire

10 13 9 12 7 18 17 12

Cooking fire

1     1        
Electrical / inside 2       2      
Chimney 3   3 1        
Furnace 1              
Mobile Home 1   2 1 2      
Vehicle 7 6 11 3 11 8 4 7
Brush (grass) 14 13 10 14 17 13 4 16
Rubbish 1   1          
other Outside fires 3   1 2 1 6 4 5
Rescue & EMS Incidents: 47 115 105 93 102 120 112 55
Assist EMS crews 5 10 12 14 9 10 6 9
Set-up LZ 14 6 15 14 26 31 37 12
Lift Assist 6 3            
AED call 9 36 43 36 45 37 37 27
Vehicle accident w/injuries 1 23 24 22 9 22 16 7
Extrication 10 37 6 7 13 20 16 10
Other Rescue 1   3          
Water Rescue 1   2          
Hazardous Conditions: 34 24 11 15 11 13 7 16
-includes power lines down, fuel spills 34 24 11 15 11 13 7 16
Service Calls: 52 37 39 30 31 38 30 27
Smoke, odor investigations 7 14 18 2 12 8 9 6
Assist Police (traffic control, lighting) 10 10 12 14 8 3 9 4
Stand-by 5 2 3 3 4 4 1 5
all other (tree down, animal rescue) 13 11 6 11 7 23 11 12

Dispatched-cancelled enroute:

38   14 11 9 0 0 0

Controlled Burns:

6       1 1 0 0

Other:(include hazmat investigation)

8 7 13 7 0   5 5

False Alarms:

22 39 34 35 22 23 25 35
False call 3 8 10 2 1 1    
Smoke detector activated 2 26 17 6 3 20 21 16
Alarm malfunction 7 2   6     15
Alarm activated-no fire 8 2 23 5      
CO detector activated 2 5 3 4 7 2 4 4

Weather related:

2 5 7 3 3 10 0 3
flooding 2 5 7 3 3 10   3

Assist other Departments

  44 48 52 46 49 57 66

TOTAL INCIDENTS

236 303 309 290 269 307 275 247

Back to Top

                       rpikepole.gif (493 bytes)

                                          

trucks.jpg (76610 bytes)

1963

------------------

Original trucks and rented building

                  Facts about WTVFC :

--Washington Twp. Fire Company was established in 1961 , to protect the lives and property of the residents. Prior to this date, the Township was protected by the Oklahoma Fire Company.

--Washington Township Fire Company is staffed by professional Volunteers, which means ,none of our members receives any financial compensation for the many hours required to operate this Company. We are supported by our Township through a fire tax, that pays approx. 25% of the annual operating budget of the Fire Company.  The other 75% is raised by our fund raising projects, so please support these projects.

--Washington Township is located in the northern tip of Westmoreland County , PA , USA.

--The primary service area is approx. 30 square miles , while we provide primary fire protection to this area , we also provide primary rescue services to many surrounding communities .

-- In 1976, the first aerial truck was purchased, a 1976 Pierce 55' Tele-Squirt for a purchase price of $102,000. Compare
 this to the purchase of the 2002 Pierce 75' Quint, with a purchase price of  $570,000.

                    Back to Top of Page              

                 firecluster.gif (7512 bytes)    

Links we think you will like :

Washington Township

Washington Twp. Police Dept.   

 Saltsburg Fire Company (Indiana County )                      

   Westmoreland 911

  City of Pittsburgh - Fire  

  American Red Cross

 American Heart Assoc.       

    Greensburg City Fire Co.

 Harrison Hills VFC #4

 Pennsylvania Firefighter

   Unity VFD (Plum Borough)

Apollo Hose Company #3

Oklahoma Fire Department

Back to top of page