The Historical Society of Bay County
Panama City, FloridaCollectable Ornaments
The 2011 Lynn Haven Centennial Ornament.
Lynn Haven was established in January 1911 as the last of three "Union Colonies in the Confederate South". It was promoted by the Grand Army of the Republic Civil War Veterans' organization. Hundreds of Union Veterans came to make St. Andrews Bay their new home. Although the Soldier Monument was first dedicated in February 1921 "to all those Union Soldiers living and dead" of the Civil War, it was rededicated in 1959 to all U.S Veterans of all wars who gave their lives in battle for our country. The Soldier Monument located at 8th St. & Georgia Avenue is a proud symbol of the 100+ years of the community of Lynn Haven.
Earlier Ornaments in the Series
These are collectable ornaments commemorating historic events and places within Bay County. The ornaments are made of solid brass and finished in 24 karat gold. The Society adds a new ornament to the collection each year. Ornaments are available for a donation of $25.00, or $20.00 each for two or more. They may be obtained at the Society meetings, the Local History Room of the Bay County Library and by mail order from the Society.
|Home||About Us||Contact Us||Events||Signage||History Sites||Reference||Links||Join Us|
Like us on
Historical Society of Bay County
P.O. Box 1476
Panama City, FL 32402
Phone: (850) 785-9036
Webmaster: Joe Marshall