The spleen consists of a diaphragmatic and visceral surface.
- faces upward, backward and to the left. The diaphragm separates the spleen from the 9th, 10th and 11th ribs.
- gastric - greater curvature of stomach
- renal - faces medially and caudally. Related to upper ventral surface of left kidney.
- colic - left (splenic) flexure
- directed toward the vertebral column
Associated ligaments of the spleen (double layers of peritoneum:
- rests on the left colic flexure and phrenicocolic ligament
- phrenicocolic ligament
- gastrolienal ligament
- lienorenal ligament