The Woodward Township Police Department is currently accepting applications for the position of Police Officer. Currently the position is part-time with anticipated hours being up to 25 hours per week. An application can be obtained at the Woodward Township office during regular business hours or downloaded from the website listed at the bottom of this page .
Thank you for your interest in the Woodward Township Police Department.
- Shifts will include evenings, weekends & holidays.
- Applicants must be 21 years of age at the date of application.
- Applicants must be a high school graduate or equivalent education
- Applicants must be currently certified as a police officer in Pennsylvania or must have successfully completed the Act 120 training course and are eligible to receive and maintain certification consistent with Pennsylvania statute by the Municipal Police Officers Education and Training Commission.
- Applicant screening will include an in-depth background investigation and submitting to a pre-employment polygraph examination.
Woodward Township, which borders the west branch of the Susquehanna River, is approximately 18 square miles in size with 37 miles of roadway and approximately 2500 residents. The township borders the City of Lock Haven which has a population of 9,000 with an additional 5,000 students which attend Lock Haven University.
Along with regular police duties, Township officers routinely participate in the Attorney General’s Office Drug Task Force, the Pennsylvania “Buckle Up” seat belt enforcement program & MCSAP Commercial Vehicle inspections.
Applications can be obtained at the Woodward Township Office at 86 Riverside Terrace Lock Haven, Pa. 17745 or download the application at:
Woodward Township is an Equal Opportunity Employer.