Please print this, fill it out and return it to the address at the end of the questionnaire. Thanks.
Dear poetry supporters,
The OPN Board is in process of evaluating our operations. In order to better serve you, we would appreciate your feedback on the following (use additional page if necessary):
Please return by November 10th. Thank you.
1. Are you a member of the Olympia Poetry Network?
2. Membership. Our annual dues are currently $10. (Less than the cost of going to the movies once!)
A. I’m fine with this amount.
B. I think it’s worth more:
1. $15 per year
2. $20 per year
3a. If dues are increased, how would you like your dues to be spent?
A. Keep everything the way it is.
B. Raise honorariums to attract high profile poets
C. Add more workshops/classes.
D. Add more readings.
E. Add more open mics.
F. Add special events.
G. Here’s a great idea:___________________________________________
3b. Currently, our readings are free. Would you support a cover charge?
A. No. I like the voluntary fish bowl.
B. Yes. $5.00/sliding scale
4. How often do you attend our featured readings?
D. Less than that
5. My preferred frequency of featured readings is:
A. Once a month is just fine.
B. I would attend twice a month if offered
C. Once a month with occasional special events
6. Open mic
A. Half an hour before featured poets is just fine
B. I would like a second, “all open mic” reading each month
7. Featured Poets
A. On a scale of 1-5 (5 being superior) how would you rate your enjoyment of our readings this past year? 1 2 3 4 5
B. Who was memorable?
C. Who would you like us to invite? (Include contact info if possible.)
8. Newsletter (for members): Would you be open to receiving this electronically?
A. I prefer receiving the monthly newsletter by USPS.
B. Save a tree and postage:
a. Send mine to my e-mail address_______________________________ b. I would rather read it on line.
C. The newsletter is GREAT, but I would also like to read about:
A. How often do you visit our website?
a. once a month
b. once a year
d other _______________________________________________
B. On a scale of 1-5 (5 being the best), how well does it serve your needs?
1 2 3 4 5 n/a
C. What do you like/dislike about it?
D. We are considering a new website. What would you like to see in its content?
10. We have recently added a page on FaceBook. Do you belong to the FaceBook Community?
a. Do you visit the OPN site?
b. How often?____________________________
c. On a scale of 1-5 (5 being the best) how well does it serve your needs? 1 2 3 4 5
d. What do you like/dislike about it?
11. On a scale of 1-5 (5 being superior), how much do you value our support of the
Jeanne Lohmann Contest ? 1 2 3 4 5 (comments)__________________________________
12. On a scale of 1-5, how would you rank your enjoyment of the Dead Poets Event?
1 2 3 4 5 (comments)_____________________________________________
13. We currently enjoy Traditions Cafe’s hospitality. How does this location work for you?
B. Fine, but parking problems sometimes keep me away.
C. What? Poetry without wine?
D. It’s great, but an alternate change of venue might be nice sometimes: (suggestions)________________________________________
A. Have you ever attended an OPN workshop?
b. Yes, (Which ones)_______________________________________
B. When would you be more likely to attend?
C. Do you have any suggestions for future workshop topics or leaders?
D. Other comments or suggestions:
15. Would you be interested in publication possibilities for our membership?
a. in the newsletter
b. on our website
c. in a print anthology
C. If “yes” to the above, would you be willing to pay extra?
b. Yes $__________________
16. We are considering videotaping our readings.
A. Would you like these videos available on our website?
B. Would you like them posted on public access television?
C. Would you be comfortable having yourself taped at open mic?
17. If you have indicated a desire for increased OPN activities, would you be available to assist the board? If yes, how? (What skills could you offer?)
18. Where did you find out about OPN/our readings?
19. Additional comments on how we may better serve your poetry needs (What do you value/what would you change?):
20. Please provide your e-mail address if you would like to include it in our data base. (We will strictly use it for OPN communication purposes only. Promise.)
Note, if you prefer to complete this survey anonymously, you may provide your e-mail info separately by contacting board member, Terri Cohlene at
Please return your completed survey (if possible by Nov. 10th) to: