Lohmann Poetry Prize
In Honor of Jeanne Lohmann
Awards: $200 to each of three co-winners
Bios and Poems for 2004 Winners
Bios and Poems for 2005 Winners
Bios and Poems for 2006 Winners
Bios and Poems for 2007 Winners
Bios and Poems for 2008 Winners
Bios and Poems for 2009 Winners
Bios and Poems for 2010 Winners
* Poet must be a current resident of Washington State.
* Contest begins: December 1, 2009. Postmark deadline: January 31, 2010.
* Limit of one poem per author, up to 2 pages in length, double spaced. Send two copies.
* Must be original work submitted by author only; no previously published poems, poems already accepted for publication, self-published poems, or multiple submissions. This includes electronic (web) publications. A poem’s exclusion will be determined by the judges.
* Only the title must appear on the poem. The poem will be disqualified immediately if name and address appear on poem.
* Include a cover sheet containing the poem’s title, author's name, full address, phone, fax (if available), and e-mail address if available. If you wrote the poem "in the style of" or "after" another poet, please indicate that on the cover letter. Any plagiarism of another’s poem will automatically disqualify your entry.
* “Lohmann Prize” should be indicated on both the outer envelope and the cover sheet.
* Poems will not be returned.
* Include either your e-mail address (preferably) or a self-addressed stamped postcard if you wish an acknowledgment of receipt of the poem.
* Include either your e-mail address or a self-addressed stamped envelope if you wish to receive a list of winners.
* Winners will be announced in April 2010. They will be invited and urged to read their work at the awards ceremony on June 16, 2010, in Olympia, Washington. Please keep your calendar open for that date. OPN has first, one time rights to publish winning poems in its newsletter and on its web site. Rights revert back to poets.
* There is no fee to enter this contest.
* Send poems to: OPN, P.O. Box 1312, Olympia, WA 98501